Lots of people now enjoy the benefits of online dating. Nowadays, you can meet new people, and a possible Friday night date (or a Saturday breakfast buddy) at the comfort of your own home or office, in front of your laptop or PC, or using your mobile phone at a Starbucks or anywhere else you might be.
If you are new to this scene, you might be a little hesitant, or even scared to register to an online dating website because of the fear of the “unknown”. Don’t worry, online dating doesn’t bite. There are a lot of benefits that this new dating tool boasts, advantages that make dating easier instead of frustrating.
Online dating makes the traditional meet-someone-through-friends or go-to-a-singles-bar approach passé. It takes away the first date jitters, the “I don’t know what to say next” and “Do I order salad or steak?” awkward moments because you already know the person you’ll be having dinner with somehow, if it reaches that point where you’ve already set up a first meeting after long (or short) hours of talking to each other online.
Here are some more benefits of online dating:
- There are hundreds of thousands of members in one online dating website, giving you the spice of variety.
- You don’t need to come up with an excruciating “how do I go about this?” pick up line as there are “flirting functions” in some websites, like sending a “wink”, “poke” or “heart” to initiate contact and express how you feel about the person you meet or see online.
- You get to talk to the person first online and if you find out that you are compatible, you can then find out if the chemistry sticks, even if you haven’t met the person yet, by continuing your relationship on the net.
- You can meet all different sorts of people, even those geographically unreachable, if you’re interested in a long distance relationship, or if you’re not up to meeting the person yet and just settling for an online fling.
- You only need a PC (or a mobile phone) and an internet connection. No need to dress (or undress for that matter) to impress, or spend hundreds of dollars for a date that will go nowhere.
- Some websites give you quality results – profile matches that are very detailed in nature based on personality tests and even psychological.
- There are no social classes or race or ethnicity prejudice in cyberspace. Everyone’s playing the same game in the same playing field.
- You can set your expectations already within the website you are signing up to, or the chat room that you’ll be entering, or state what you are looking for in a relationship right off the bat! Serious relationships only, on the rebound, looking for Mr. Right or Mr. Right now, or “just playing around”… no need to enter in a relationship where you’d have to find out that you’ve been fooled by a player, or you’ve hurt someone who was serious from the very beginning. And no need to explain yourself!
- And most of all, rejection isn’t as embarrassing as having to reject someone or be rejected face-to-face. Rejection through chat or e-mail, or even by simply ignoring the person who isn’t very interesting, or being ignored by someone you expressed interest in makes it cut and dry.
You can still choose to be old-fashioned and go for the old school ways of dating. But once you dive into the scene of online dating, you will reap its benefits. And you’ll be surprised on how easy and convenient it is to find that one true love (or one night stand, depending on what you’re looking for) online.