It’s no secret that the eccentric world of dating can turn into a rather expensive endeavor. As much as we’d all love to jet set to Costa Rica on a whim and soak up some sunshine with our significant other, or nonchalantly shell out $400 for a delicious sushi dinner for two at a fancy schmancy restaurant, many of our budgets don’t allow for such extravagances.
But who says you have to splurge in order to have a good time? There are plenty of date ideas that are not only inexpensive, but fun and exciting. If you want romance that doesn’t cost a fortune, try out our top ten fun and cheap date ideas:
(1) Go on a picnic – From local beaches to scenic parks, picnics provide the perfect opportunity for the two of you to sit back and relax, chat about interests, nibble on food and soak up the surroundings.
(2) Take a hike – When the weather is nice, there’s nothing better than a sweat-inducing hike to boost endorphins and bond with your sweetheart while enjoying all the beauty that nature has to offer.
(3) Make a home cooked meal – We all know that dining out can be rather costly. Instead of forking over a chunk of change for a meal at a restaurant, head to the grocery store, grab some groceries and spend the evening cooking up a romantic meal together at home.
(4) Watch a movie outdoors – Skip the traditional stuffy movie theater experience and watch your favorite flick outside instead! Check your local listings for nearby drive-in theaters or see if any neighborhood parks host alfresco movie nights.
(5) Go on a bike ride – During warm months, a bike ride is a perfect no-frills date idea that allows you to get outside and discover your surroundings. Spend the day exploring your neighborhood or dare to be adventurous and scope out a place you’ve never been.
(6) Attend an outdoor concert – During the spring and summer months, many cities offer cheap, or even free, weekly outdoor concerts. Check your local listings for information about upcoming live music events.
(7) Go wine tasting – Whether you’re an expert or a novice, wine tasting is a fun-filled opportunity for a date. And best of all, most fees are generally in the $5 to $10 range, or in some cases absolutely free!
(8) Go to the shooting range – While it may seem a little unconventional, a trip to your local shooting range can actually be an extremely fun and thrilling first date. Test your skills at trap or skeet shooting at the outdoor range or go head indoors and try out a variety of handguns.
(9) Visit the fair – Amusement parks can cost a pretty penny so why not opt for a trip to your local county fair? Admission prices are usually inexpensive and you can channel your inner little kid and spend the day eating corn dogs and cotton candy, riding the Ferris wheel and playing games.
(10) Go rock climbing – If you both enjoy active and adventurous activities, rock climbing is a fun and exciting alternative to the customary treadmill workout routine. If you’re both newbies, check out rock climbing gyms in your area to learn the basics; or if you’re both skilled professionals, tackle the rugged outdoors.
No comments yet.