Nobody likes rejection, especially the dating kind because it’s personal and hurtful. Sadly everyone has to face dating rejection and the pain of a lost love at some point in their lives, it’s as natural an occurrence as drawing breath and if you want to meet that someone special then you do need to take your chances on the dating circuit.
Internet dating gives you the opportunity to spread your net far and wide and to meet men who would not usually venture into your social circle. It’s not so bad if you live in a big city where there are many single others all looking for the love of their life, but if you live in a small town or village, your opportunity to meet someone special is going to be extremely limited. Of course, trawling through all of the profiles on the Internet and finding that compatible other is going to take time and a lot of energy. If you are serious about meeting someone special and avoiding Internet dating rejection then there are some tips you need to adhere to:
- Take your time to review the profiles properly and try to get a feel for the actual person you are hoping to meet. To start with, have they taken the time to fill in all of the ‘about me’ fields? If they haven’t, then they may not even be serious about meeting someone special. Always make sure that they have a good photo too so you have a fair idea as to who you are meeting.
- Chat to them for a while by email, IM or SMS, and after a while, talk to them on the phone as hearing their voices can make a big difference as to whether you decide to meet. You can also find out a lot more about them by their direct response to you.
- When you decided to meet, make sure you take your positive attitude with you. If you are terrified of rejection, then this is the vibe that you will send out. Developing a positive mindset will help you to project your personality and a sense of self-confidence and this becomes an attractive quality.
- Be yourself. This might sound obvious but you would be surprised by how many people try to emulate someone else and project qualities that they would like to have. Its all well and good trying to improve how you think, feel and act but a date is not the best time to start this. Instead, be confident in your own skin and you will have better dating success.
- If you are feeling a little nervous, you can bet your life that your date is too. Of course it’s important that you both enjoy the date and do your best to seek out compatible areas of your life, but don’t worry if you don’t. Forget being nervous and instead just enjoy the date whether this person is the right one for you or not, is irrelevant, it’s a social engagement and one you should make the most of.
- Have some fun questions to ask. Who would they invite to a dinner party – dead or alive for example? What is their greatest ambition or biggest mistake? Be prepared to share your own experiences and ambitions too but make sure it does not sound like an interrogation.
- Many people on their first few dates worry throughout as to how the date is going. What does the date think about them and is there a sexual chemistry? The most important part of the date is to simply relax, stop analyzing and to enjoy it for what it is. Everyone has good and bad qualities, you might know instantly that the date is not for you in a romantic sense or you might find that although they don’t meet your usual criteria in the looks department, that as regards personality, they are intriguing and yes, attractive.
You might be terrified of rejection but at the end of the day, it’s just a sign of incompatibility and not really anything against you personally. If they say that they don’t want to see you again, then don’t worry about it. If you can manage to take the fear of rejection out of the dating equation, you will quickly start to see dating success come your way.